The UK is one of the world’s best countries regarding personal security, Jobs, and earnings. Once you become a permanent resident, you can easily access the national health service and free health care for you and your family. It has one of the best higher education universities, such as Cambridge and Oxford. Getting a PR for the UK is usually a complex process. But, with patience and dedication, you can acquire permanent residency. However, if you want to stay in the UK permanently, you will be offered promising opportunities for a better life. This blog post will uncover everything you need to know about permanent residency status in the UK.
The immigration status in the UK can only be awarded to those who do not possess a right of Permanent residence for EEA nationals, i.e., those who do not have a native right of residence in the UK.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Attaining PR in the UK?
To apply for permanent residency in the United Kingdom, you have to spend a few years in the country:
- If you are married or if you are going to marry to UK citizen, then you have to spend two years
- If your ancestors were from the UK, then you have to live for five years
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 work permit – 5 years
- If you an Investor, sportsperson, business owner, or artist, then you need to spend five years
Application Process for PR in the UK
- Thoroughly examine all the criteria for PR.
- Choose an application form best suitable for you and fill out the online form 28 days before the end of your qualifying term.
- Provide your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
- Sign the declaration form.
Documents Required for PR in the UK
- Council tax letters.
- Pay Stubs that are currently valid.
- Proof of accommodation such as address and so on.
- Proof of your financial status to stay in the UK.
- Proof of sources of income in the UK.
- An appointment letter from the employer from the authority is required.
Cost of PR For the UK
Generally, permanent residency applications take a minimum of six months to be approved.
- The charges of application for an individual is £2,389
- You will be charged an additional £19.20 for your biometric data.
If you apply for PR in person, you will have to pay a much higher fee; it has the added advantage of receiving a statement on the same day.
If you want your application to be approved quickly, then you can opt for these categories:
- Priority service: If you want your application to be considered on a priority basis, you will have to pay an additional £500.
- Super priority service: If you pay an extra £800, you will obtain a statement the next day after providing your biometric data.
Settling in the UK
‘Life in the UK’ Test
The British government will analyze your knowledge of British life through a “Life in the UK” test.
The government will offer you various materials to prepare for this test. There would be 24 questions based on British culture and customs. You must score at least 75% to pass the test and acquire PR status. However, you will be exempted from the test:
- If you’re under 18 years
- If you’re above 65 years
- If you are facing physical or mental issues
Language Proficiency Test
If English is not your mother language, you need to work on that. The test will assess your understanding and speaking abilities in the English language. If you are qualified in English or have an educational qualification from a recognized institution in the UK, you will be exempted from this test.
Carefully check all requirements for eligibility criteria and compile all the relevant documents to submit. Provide access to your immigration history with details of UK visas upon your arrival.
Tips About Permanent Residence In The UK
- The first and most important thing you must remember about your permanent residence in the UK is that you can lose it. If you stay outside of the UK for more than two years, you may lose your PR status.
- You might lose your PR status if you have committed any crime.
- A permanent residence status can be beneficial as it opens opportunities for you personally and professionally.
- You may access social security and healthcare services.
- It is advised to hire a professional to help you in the process as it can complicate the process. But with the help of the best immigration consultants, Delhi would be presentable.
Benefits of Living in the UK
If you hold permanent residency in an economically strong and stable country, you will enjoy access to healthcare, which is one of the world’s best parts. You’ll also access social benefits such as pensions, social security, etc.
Additionally, you will have the right to work, live, and study in the UK permanently. Better yet, you can apply for your family members to join you.
Moving to the UK requires considerable time, patience, planning, and thorough research for the best immigration consultants in Delhi. It is now the time to choose Achintya Immigration Consultant, the best immigration consultant. They know how to handle multiple applications daily and offer transparency throughout the process to ensure applications are processed faster.