In recent years, the increase and spread of viruses and different kinds of diseases in the world have increased the importance of the e-visa system. E-visa is used nowadays to avoid risks in the visa application process as part of the fight against the Covid-19 virus. By easing the processing of e-visas, governments perform an excellent job of defending citizens and halting the spread of infections. What is e-Visa?
An e-Visa, also known as an electronic visa, is an online visa that allows travellers to obtain a visa through a simple online application process, rather than having to physically visit an embassy or consulate. It is a digital authorization that is linked to the traveller’s passport and allows them to enter a foreign country for a specified period of time.
E-visas are becoming increasingly popular because they are more convenient and faster to obtain than traditional visas. They are also cheaper in many cases, as they eliminate the need for in-person appointments and other administrative fees associated with traditional visa applications.
What are the benefits of an E-visa over traditional paper visas?
Convenience: E-visas are easy to apply for and can be done from the comfort of your own home or office. You don’t have to visit an embassy or consulate in person.
Faster processing: E-visas are typically processed more quickly than traditional paper visas. This is because the application is received instantly and can be reviewed and processed immediately.
Cost-effective: E-visas are generally cheaper than traditional paper visas, as they do not require the same level of administrative resources to process.
Increased security: E-visas are linked to your passport and contain biometric data, which helps to prevent fraud and identity theft.
Environmentally friendly: E-visas are paperless, which reduces the amount of paper waste and carbon emissions associated with traditional paper visas.
Greater accessibility: E-visas make it easier for people to travel, especially for those living in remote or rural areas who may not have access to an embassy or consulate.
Here are the steps to apply for a Dubai e-Visa
- Visit the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) – Dubai and apply for an e-Visa by filling out the application form with your personal and travel details.
- Upload a copy of your passport and a passport-size photograph.
- Pay the visa fee using a valid credit or debit card.
- Once your application is submitted and the fee is paid, you will receive an electronic confirmation of your visa application via email. It usually takes around 3 to 5 working days for the application to be processed, but in some cases, it may take longer.
- If your visa application is approved, you will receive the e-Visa via email. You should print a copy of the e-Visa and keep it with you when you travel to Dubai.
It is important to note that the requirements and processing times may vary depending on the type of visa you apply for and your individual circumstances. It is recommended that you carefully review the application requirements and seek the assistance of a reputable visa service provider if needed.
Post a Comment