Global Talent Visa-Live and Work in the UK :
The UK Global Talent Visa program is an immigration pathway for highly skilled and talented foreign workers working in specific sectors seeking to immigrate to the UK. The visa category replaced the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa in February 2020. The pathway is available for creative practitioners, artists, academic researchers, and international experts outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to settle and work in the UK and make valuable contributions with their cutting-edge expertise.
If you are a promising individual seeking UK immigration and wishing to live and work in the UK’s digital technology sector, the Global Talent Visa is for you.
With the Global Talent Visa pathway, if you are a ‘leader or a potential leader in the fields of science and technology, arts, financial technology (fintech), cybersecurity, gaming, artificial intelligence, medicine, or academic research, you may be eligible to apply for the visa. The visa stream allows you to work in the UK for up to five years without a sponsor or a job offer. In year six, one becomes entitled to indefinite leave (ILR), equivalent to permanent residence status. After ten years, one can apply for UK citizenship.
Upon completing the settlement application and meeting the basic residency requirements in the UK, you become eligible to apply for British citizenship. Typically, this will happen ten years from the date of issuance of your first visa.
There are two routes available under the Global Talent Visa:
- Exceptional Talent- Created for people already established as leading practitioners or recognized experts in their field.
- Exceptional Promise- aimed at attracting people with the potential to become leading practitioners of recognized experts in their field.
The applicant must receive a letter of endorsement from one of the designated endorsement bodies, including the Royal Society, the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering, Arts Council England, and Tech Nation.
Who is eligible for the UK Global Talent Visa?
The primary UK global talent visa requirements are:
- Your age must be a minimum of 18 to apply for this visa
- You can use the global talent visa pathway if you are working in one of the following sectors:
- Academia or research
- Arts and culture
- Digital technology
- Must be endorsed by one of the approved endorsing bodies in the UK.
- Be internationally recognized in your field as a world leader (Exceptional Talent) or have demonstrated exceptional Promise or have the potential to become a world leader in your area (Exceptional Promise).
Key benefits of the Global Talent Visa:-
- The visa is based on your unique background, skills, and achievements.
- The visa is granted for up to 5 years
- One can easily extend it as many times as they want
- Highly flexible. Not tied to any specific employer or company.
- You can include family members in the application
- Change jobs without telling the Home Office
- Do volunteer work
- Travel abroad and return to the UK
- May lead to permanent residency in the UK
- There are no language or minimum salary eligibility requirements.
How Do I apply for the UK Global Talent Visa?
How to immigrate to the UK using the global talent visa?
Step 1: Get the endorsement letter from a designated endorsement body. Your endorsement body depends on your field of expertise. The endorsement fee for stage one is £456.
Step 2: If you are granted an endorsement, you must apply for your visa for leave to enter or remain. You must apply within three months upon receiving your acceptance. The endorsement fee for stage two is £152.
If you include your partner or children in your application, they’ll each need to pay £608.
What documents do I need for UK Global Talent Visa?
To apply for the Global Talent UK Visa, you will need to submit the following documents
- Copy of a valid passport or other document showing your identity and nationality
- Your tuberculosis test results if you belong to a country that requires you to take the test
- Your endorsement letter
- Proof of immigration health surcharge fee and the application fee
The processing for endorsement usually takes up to 28 days to complete. The visa application process can carry a maximum of three weeks if you apply from outside the UK and a maximum of eight weeks if you apply within the UK.
How Can We Help?
The global talent visa for the UK is a highly competitive and complicated visa category, requiring an in-depth understanding of the process. At Abhinav Immigration Services, we have a proven track record of guiding applicants wishing to enter the UK. We provide professional, practical, and expert immigration advice on immigration to help individuals realize their dream of obtaining a British passport.
We can assist in the overall process of the Global Talent Visa Application, including required coordination with endorsement agencies.