(v) Contributory Aged Parent Visa:
The importance of grandparents in the lives of children cannot be denied. They are like shady trees who offer their cool shade to the next generation. It is important that children grow up surrounded by one or both sets of grandparents. So the Australian Immigration and Citizenship Department has tailored a special Contributory Aged Parent Visa of Subclass 864 to applicants who wish to settle permanently in Australia with their children. Subclass 864 is a sponsored visa where the child or children is the sponsor of the visa.
For the sponsorship eligibility, the child should be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of this country, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. This Australian visa can be applied if you have a child/ children or stepchild/ stepchildren staying in Australia. However, it is compulsory that the sponsoring child is a permanent and lawful resident of Australia for at least two years at the time of visa application. You tend to get some privilege if your child is an Australian citizen and circumstances for your immigration to Australia are followed with strong reason.
For acquiring this visa if you hold a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa subclass 884 or you:
- -> Living in Australia
- -> Are sponsored
- -> Meet the age requirements
- -> Pass the balance of the family test
- -> Ready to pay higher visa application charges for faster processing
Conditions For subclass 864:
- -> Your child can be the sponsor of your application, and who is a regarded Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, who is settled in Australia.
- -> Most important is to meet the balance of family test
The Balance of Family Test requirements:
- -> Half of your children must live permanently in Australia.
- -> More of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
Visa Benefits (Subclass 864):
This visa category is permanent in nature. The visa permits you and any member of your family unit who has also been granted this visa for the following benefits:
- -> Endlessly stay in Australia
- -> Work and study in Australia
- -> Avail Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- -> Apply for Australian citizenship as per the eligibility
- -> Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- -> Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted
Note: After five years you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia
For visa lodging and other immigration laws, it is recommended to go through the application checklist. This checklist is very helpful and guides you in making applications appropriately. An accurate and complete application is assessed and processed faster; whereas for deviations your application may get delayed or rejected.